What Is Black Mold?
Understanding mold is essential to dispel alarm caused by sensational news reports. While Stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold, can produce allergens and irritants, many types of mold share similar characteristics. SERVPRO of West Seattle and Burien advises caution when dealing with any mold, avoiding contact and disturbance.
For mold-related guidance, visit Mold Damage Tips. Regardless of mold color or type, promptly contact us if you suspect an issue.
Key mold facts:
- Mold exists indoors and outdoors.
- Tiny mold spores can enter your home through various routes.
- Moist environments facilitate mold growth, leading to allergens and irritants.
- Addressing moisture sources is vital to prevent mold recurrence.
- Musty odors often indicate mold presence.
- Maintaining indoor humidity below 45% inhibits mold development.
SERVPRO of West Seattle and Burien, a locally owned and operated company, serves our community while being part of a national network with disaster response capabilities.
Covering Seattle, Harbor Island, Seahurst, Des Moines, Normandy Park, Tukwila, and Seatac, we're equipped to handle mold issues. Contact us at (206) 932-9033 for professional and effective mold remediation services.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of West Seattle and Burien immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (206) 932-9033
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Seattle and Burien is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Harbor Island
- Des Moines
- Normandy Park